Online Dating Apps Don’t Work For Most of Us. Here’s Why.
20 Best dating app pick-up lines for 2020
Want to stand out from the online dating crowd? You’re going to need to perfect the art of the pick-up line.
It’s no secret that if you want to stand out on Bumble this summer, you’re going to need to step up your pickup-line game a bit. As we all adjust to this COVID-19 reality, more people are turning to online dating apps as a way to meet others and have some fun in self-isolation.
“As an area becomes more affected, whether it’s in Seoul, Milan or New York City, we see new conversations flourishing and lasting longer,” Tinder’s CEO, Elie Seidman, acknowledged in a recent press release.
In addition to Tinder, more popular dating apps like Bumble, OkCupid and Hinge, have seen a 20 to 30 percent increase in messaging on their apps since the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus a global pandemic, according to an April 2020 article via Time.
A surge in online dating usage means that if you want to stand out from the crowd, you’re going to need to perfect the art of the pick-up line. As cheesy as pick-up lines are in real life, when it comes to online dating apps, a brilliant opener makes all the difference.
At Shift Dating, we love that women have to send the first message. Although it can feel pretty daunting if you’re not used to making the first move, brainstorming better opening lines will help you feel more confident the next time you match with a bae apps like Bumble. After all, you’re better than sending a basic boring message like “hey, what’s up?”.
Since the team at Shift Dating always has your back, we rounded up some of the best opening lines that anyone can use. After all, no matter which dating apps you choose to use, this will surely be a summer that you’ll never forget.
Free: Online dating success in 5 easy steps
Online dating can be frustrating and time consuming, with limited if any results. Or maybe you just don’t know where to start.
Pick-up lines to use during the Pandemic
1. Since all the public libraries are closed, I’m checking you out instead
Even if your match isn’t a self-proclaimed bibliophile, this cute pick-up line is a great way to start your own quarantine love story.
2. Contagious smile. Infectious laughter. If looks could kill, you’d be COVID-19
When in doubt, leaning into classic dad joke humour works wonders.
3. Give me your meeting ID cause I want to Zoom into your heart
With a pick-up line like this, you two will be scheduling your first virtual quarantine date in no time.
4. One-ply? Two-ply? Neither. The only thing I’m looking for is your re-ply
We’re usually not one to encourage bathroom humour as a pick-up line, but this cheesy joke is a surefire way to make your match smile.
5. Damn, that face mask really brings out your gorgeous eyes…
Face mask selfies are all the rage. If he uploaded a photo with the hottest accessory of the summer, be sure to send over this sweet compliment.
6. Self-isolation has had me feeling pretty off lately, but your photos managed to turn me on.
Not for the faint of heart, this bold pick-up line is sure to make him sweat.
7. Have you been baking bread in self-isolation? Because it looks like you’ve got hot buns….
With a daring opener like that, you can bet he’ll be making you breakfast in bed in no time (post-quarantine, of course).
8. If you won the lottery tomorrow, where’s the first trip you’ll take post-COVID?
Bond over your love of travel and postponed trips with this simple pick-up line.
9. Hey handsome! Describe your quarantine in one GIF.
No matter what’s going on in the world, a good GIF is a perfect way to break the ice.
10. I have Purell. Now all I need is u!
A fun opener like this shows that love and lust in the time of corona doesn’t need to be complicated.
11. Do you have a ventilator? Because you just took my breath away.
This line will be sure to help her crack a smile and get the conversation rolling. Even it’s a little corny.
12. Wanna meet up for a drink? My treat. My last CERB instalment just dropped today.
Keep this line in the mind for a special someone when the social-distancing guidelines ease up in your city.
More pick-up lines we love
If pandemic pick-up lines aren’t your style, try some of the Shift Dating team’s other tried and true conversation starters.
13. What are the top three things on your bucket list?
This classic conversation starter is sure to catch your match’s attention.
14. If we were together right now, what would we be doing?
There are many fun and flirty ways that their answer can go.
15. I’m asking around: Where can you get the best tacos in town?
Swap tacos with your favourite food or drink of choice. Their answer may be the perfect place to ask them out for that first date.
16. Who’s your favourite family member and why?
This question can be pretty tricky, but it’s definitely an easy way to get the ball rolling.
17. What would your perfect Saturday night and Sunday morning look like?
You’ll learn a lot about your match’s personality with their response.
18. There are now 25 hours in a day—how do you spend the extra hour?
AKA, the easiest way to find your bae’s priorities. Bonus points if their answer is “ a date with you.”
19) What is the last show you binge-watched?
A clever way to see if he’s an HBO, Disney + or Netflix kind of guy.
20. What is one life lesson you will never forget?
The perfect segue to hearing about an unforgettable story.
Want online dating to be easier?
Connect with our Expert Online Dating Coaches Now for your Free session
Guys, here are a few tips for getting a girl to talk to You
- Use her name if you know it.
- Find a way to make her feel an emotion. Surprised, excited, or even a bit introspective. Feeling something is better than feeling nothing.
- Say something unique. Most guys don’t put any effort into their messages. If you do, you’ll likely see way better results.
For those of you that want to learn more about how to succeed on Bumble, check out this post!
Join the growing list of happy clients who already have a head start.
Get free online dating tips delivered directly to your inbox.
More popular articles
This is exactly what you shouldn’t do if you want to
Share this post: